So, you have decided to get married, Congratulations!
We are pleased that you are considering celebrating your wedding ceremony here at St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church and want you to know that we will be supportive during this time of preparation.
What is the first step?
If you are planning a wedding, you need to know what the Church requires before you do anything. The following are necessary prior to setting a date or booking a venue for a reception.
- Couples are to obtain a recent copy (within the past 6 months) of their Baptismal Certificate and a copy of their Confirmation Certificate. A wedding date will not be set without these documents in hand and a deposit of $200. If you are Baptized non-Catholic, a copy of your Baptismal Certificate is required.
- Contact the Church and speak with our wedding coordinator, Maricela Michel, at least 6 months prior to the date to be requested.
- Receive a list of documents you need to present to the church.
- If either the bride or groom have a previous marriage in the Church, at a different Christian Church, or by a civil servant (Judge) this must be taken into consideration prior to setting a date for this marriage. Allow for more than 6 months if this is the case and let us know immediately.
- If you are already married by a civil servant we need a copy of your certificate of marriage.
- Unlike Mexico, the priest or deacon who will witness your marriage acts on behalf of the Church and State in the United States. Therefore no marriage by a civil servant is necessary prior to the marriage in the Church.
Please do not set any dates with wedding venues for your reception before contacting the parish. The Church must be first on your list of people to contact to make sure the date is open and that all the necessary questions are considered. There may be something that will need to be addressed prior to being able to set a wedding date. Only a member of the Church staff can inform you on these matters. Grandma, Mom or Aunt cannot guide you in this process, only the Church, so please contact us as soon as you are engaged or even prior to engagement so we can assist you in this process.
Fr. Frank T. Dicristina, Pastor
Please fill out the online form to have the coordinator contact you.